The book, designed for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses of commerce, arts and management offered at various universities including the University of Delhi helps students understanding the basics of marketing, which is the fundamental activity for every business these days. An effort has been made to present the information in the most simplified manner so that each and every student should be able to grasp the concepts easily. The book thoroughly covers a wide range of topics and issues, such as, the concept, nature, importance, limitations and evolution of marketing. The concept of marketing-mix, marketing environment, consumer buying behaviour, market segmentation, product, price, place and promotion decisions are well explained. Focus is also laid on discussing the new emerging concepts, such as, retailing, rural marketing, green marketing, customer relationship marketing, digital marketing and consumerism. The unique features of the book are:
• Includes learning outcomes to make the students aware of what they will take away after reading the chapter.
• Use of illustrations and diagrams for better understanding and grasping of the concepts.
• Incorporates latest developments in the field of marketing from the corporate world to relate theory to practical knowledge.
• Provides, 'Things to Remember' at the end of each chapter for a quick review of important topics.
• Gives chapter-end short- and long-answer questions to give students an opportunity to test their understanding of the subject and application in the real world.