Written as per the Fifth Deans' Committee Report of ICAR, the book meticulously describes in a nutshell the basic and applied aspects of Livestock Production Management in Indian context. The book primarily covers all important information about farm animals (like cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat and pig) and poultry—their breeds, reproduction and breeding, feeds and feeding, housing requirement, care and management, and health control measures.
• It is written in a simple and lucid language for easy grasping.
• The text is supported with numerous examples, tables, photographs and diagrams for clear understanding of the concepts.
• A large number of objective as well as subjective questions given at the end of each chapter is an added attraction of the book, which will be of help to the concerned students for their internal short tests and final examination.
• It will also help the concerned teachers in teaching this course in a time-bound schedule.
• Answers to objective questions are provided at the end of each chapter for students' self-assessment.
• The information is up-to-date and given in concise form in such a manner that the book can be used as a substitute of class notes.
• B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
• B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
• B.V.Sc. & A.H.