The book, with comprehensive and practicable coverage, acquaints its readers with thorough knowledge and skills to help the growing children in their proper growth and development enabling them to reach the limit of their excellence on one hand, and instilling in them the sense of responsibility towards their society and nation on the other hand. It dwells on the essential topics such as nature of the process of growth and development going on at the various ages and developmental stages of children, their developmental needs and characteristics, individual differences and diversities existing among them, development of various abilities and capacities like intelligence, creativity, and overall personality characteristics, nature of the age-linked behavioural problems, adjustment and mental health, parenting styles, and methods of dealing with the behavioural problems, adjustment, and stressful conditions of the developing children. The text equips the readers with all what is in demand for helping the developing children at this juncture of rapid industrialisation, globalisation, urbanisation, modernisation and economic change.
It is primarily designed for the undergraduate students of education and elementary education..
• Incorporates quite advanced topics such as emotional intelligence, use of reflective journals, anecdotal records and narratives as method of understanding child’s behaviour, and so on
• Includes detailed discussion of theories of child development, theories of learning, theories of intelligence, theories of achievement motivation, theories of creativity, and theories of personality
• Offers engaging language and user-friendly mode of discussion
• Adequately illustrated with examples, figures and tables
• Comprises chapter-end summary for quick glance of the concepts.