The comprehensive coverage of the Seventh Edition equips students with the latest information on e-commerce—concepts, models, strategies, and techniques that can be used to build useful e-commerce applications. The book features several comprehensive and diverse case studies and data on Indian corporations, as well as multinational companies showing success and failure of their Web-based electronic business models. Coverage of a broad range of topics, including the latest developments in technology as well as taxation issues, makes the book a solid introductory text for the rapidly expanding number of courses in e-commerce for the students of business management and commerce at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and also, for the students pursuing courses in computer applications, information technology and computer science engineering.
• Provides coverage of all elements of e-commerce, including customer relationship, supply chain management, e-payment, e-security, mobile commerce, and Web designing. Addresses key legal issues related to taxation (including GST), privacy, copyright, and so forth.
• Gives the end-of-chapter Internet search exercises to help students develop analytical skills.
• Defines key technical terms in the glossary.
NEW TO THE SEVENTH EDITION
• Updated tables and figures throughout the book
• Business analytics, which is transforming e-commerce, is included in the eleventh chapter on 'Portals for Business Analytics’
• Updated History of E-commerce Augmented the chapter on Business Models for E-commerce
• E-marketing is being transformed by new technologies, hence the topic is included.
• E-payment systems are changing dramatically and online payment is increasing, hence the topic is introduced.