Renewable Energy is the fastest growing and Sustainable source in Power Generation sector now to fulfil the promise of a clean energy future. Large capacity addition in Solar Power and Wind Power is taking place with the objective of achieving decarbonisation. Hydropower plants are also playing major role in power generation sector. Exploration for Tidal and Geothermal power plants is in pre-commercial development stages. Considering the importance of Renewable Energy in power generation mix, a new chapter on Renewable Power Plant is added in this edition to address the long pending demand of readers to add topics on Power Generation from Renewable Sources.
So far, the book dealt with power generation from Thermal Power Plants only using fossil fuel. The new chapter covering power generation methods from Renewable sources will further widen scope of the book. The book is updated with various methods of power generation by Conventional and Renewable Sources and covers the practical aspects of the topics in easy language.
NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION
• A new chapter on Renewable Power Plant.
• More demanding topics on Solar power plant and Wind power plant to provide information about practical approach of these plants.
• Hydro electric power plant is added to help the reader to understand Functioning of Older and New Hydro Electric Plants.
• Topics on Tidal power and Geothermal power, which are Emerging Technology of Renewable Energy, are added.
The current edition will meet the requirements of undergraduate and postgraduate students for the subject on Power Plant Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Boiler Technology and Renewable Energy. As usual, the book will meet requirements of those candidates who are preparing for Boiler Operation Engineers (BOE) Examination from various Boiler Boards as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students of Power Training Institutes.
• Comprehensive coverage of various methods of Electrical Power Generation.
• Systematically arranged topics covering almost all the related subjects on Thermal Power Plant and Renewable Power Plant.
• Incorporates more than 500 self-test questions as chapter-end exercises to test the student's grasp of the fundamental concepts and BOE Examination preparation.
• Involves numerous well-labelled diagrams throughout the book for easy understanding.
• Provides several solved numerical problems that generally arise during regular plant operation.
• Aspirants of Boiler Operations Engineers (BOE) Examination
• B.Tech (Mechanical)