In the new edition, the book has been revised and rearranged sequentially as per the subject content. The dreaded disease COVID-19 has had its serious impact across the international bodies and impacted the economies of the world. Objectives of corporate governance and corporations' old form/ways of working have changed drastically, since maximizing profits for shareholders is no longer an acceptable proposition. The focus has now shifted to societal needs and Directors are made more responsible to take care of the organization. This has been discussed in Chapter 12.
Some new chapters are added to underline the importance of Business Ethics, CSR, and Whistleblowing in Corporate Governance. The text deals with models, theories/ approaches in ethics, governance, and CSR. Different types of prominent corporate scams across the globe have been discussed as examples. The live case studies, as discussed in the 3rd edition, have been retained in totality. The evolving definition of corporate governance has been duly discussed in Chapter 10 and 11.
Provisions under the Indian Company Law 2013 have been discussed in detail, especially the mandatory provisions for controlling corruption/malpractices in companies. The author has tried to relate importance of the ethical principles and CSR as pillars of good corporate governance. In the changing times corporate governance has become a skilled job for the Directors and they are required to equip themselves with skills, knowledge, and expertise for managing different issues on governance. In nutshell, the new additions make the text richer and updated. Attempt has been made for covering different syllabuses of MBA programmes offered by B-Schools in the country on this subject.
NEW TO THE EDITION
• Sequentially revised and rearranged as per the subject content, which makes it very competitive in the market.
• Introduces two new subjects: Ethics and CSR.
• Underlines the importance of Business Ethics, CSR, and Whistleblowing in Corporate Governance.
• Discusses different types of prominent corporate scams across the globe and the live case studies.
• Principles on good corporate governance for implementation during COVID-19 regime have been covered in a separate chapter.
• Role of company Directors has been highlighted in the changing times.
• Includes mandatory provisions under the Indian Companies Act 2013 (updated up to 2020) for compliance in Corporate Governance.
The students pursuing MBA, MSW, and M.Com