The Covid–19 pandemic-induced downturn and subsequent Russia-Ukraine war have triggered unprecedented financial shock and disruption to the business world. Challenges are unique to each corporation. The forward-looking corporate leaders are fighting now to rebalance risk, profitability and liquidity while looking for new growth opportunities and gaining resilience to come out of the crisis as fast as possible. Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) being one of the most powerful tools is set to play a bigger role in this direction. It is time now that M&As move at speed and help overcome the present downturn in the economy. Business leaders will have good reasons to leverage M&A as a holistic response to the business and economic crisis. It is in this context that a thoroughly revised edition of the comprehensive book on M&As by Professor Kamal Ghosh Ray becomes so well-timed and significant.
The book is an “A to Z” of M&A, ranging from strategy, valuation, legal aspects to integration. The new edition incorporates various new concepts, ideas and thoughts with appropriate discussion in detail. Business valuation has a substantial coverage in the book as the subject, “Valuation” is offered in many academic programmes in universities and business schools. The text is profusely illustrated with many examples and case studies and contains huge number of numerical problems and solutions. Primarily intended as a text for postgraduate students of management and law, the book in its second edition will be of immense value to students of CA, CMA, CFA, CS, etc. and professionals ranging from strategic planners, CFOs, CEOs, COOs, financial analysts, bankers, to venture capitalists, corporate lawyers and business owners.
Click on 'Endorsements' tab to check 'What the reviewers say'
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• Thoroughly revised and updated with the latest trends and relevant regulatory developments in M&A
• A dedicated chapter on Numerical Problems and Solutions for easy understanding of complex M&A concepts
• Topics like Corporate Restructuring, Disinvestment policy of the government, valuation of startup companies, SPAC (special purpose acquisition companies), Platform Acquisitions, deeper aspects of cross–border M&A and hostile takeover make the new edition contemporary.
• Postgraduate students of management and law.
• Students of CA, CMA, CFA, CS, etc.
• Professionals ranging from strategic planners, CFOs, CEOs, COOs, financial analysts, bankers, to venture capitalists, corporate lawyers and business owners.