This distinctive text, in its second edition, provides students, teachers, scholars and thinkers with a thorough understanding of various concepts of education in the modern scenario. It deals with important theoretical perspective and new developments in education sector in India. The book will serve highly valuable to the undergraduate students of education (BEd, MEd & MA—Education). Besides, the aspirants of various competitive exams like Civil Services, UGC, JRF, NET, etc., will also find this text as an indispensable resource.
Organized in five units, chapters encompass various pedagogical features of education and their contemporary requirements in the emerging society. This book is thoroughly revised and updated as per the needs of latest syllabi of different universities and institutions.
• Matter is discussed in lucid and easy to understand manner.
• Widely covers Indian and Western Philosophers.
• Incorporates diverse range of theoretical approaches of education.
• Explores key concepts in education and society.
• Concepts are illustrated with the help of flowcharts, figures and tables.
NEW TO THE EDITION
• Chapters are thoroughly revised along with inclusion of 17 new chapters unit-wise :
o Unit I Modern Concept of Education (Ch-4, Ch-5, Ch-6)
o Unit II Education and Philosophy (Ch-13, Ch-14, Ch-15, Ch-16)
o Unit III Indian and Western Philosophers (Ch-22, Ch-23, Ch-30)
o Unit V Education and Society (Ch-39, Ch-40, Ch-41, Ch-42, Ch-49, Ch-58, Ch-59)
• Current educational and social problems are discussed elaborately with their solutions.
• Besides Jean Jacques Rousseau, John Dewey, Maria Montessori, Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi, Aurobindo Ghosh, etc., some more educationists like Bertrand Russell and Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan are also introduced in the new edition.
• Some common social topics like Awakenism, Humanism, Human Rights, Education for Peace, Education for Social Pollution and Religious Education are included in the current edition.
• B.Ed. / M.Ed.
• MA (Education)