In road projects, the pavement construction is very expensive and, therefore, the design and subsequent construction must make a proper balance between the cost and the sustainability. During the operation and maintenance period, the costs for routine maintenance (as and when pavement damage occurs) are to be kept as low as possible as there is less control towards cost of the periodic maintenance (mandatory at a contractual interval, normally 5 years). The reduction in cost for routine maintenance will relieve the project authorities from unexpected expenditures.
This comprehensive text on Pavement Engineering is up-to-date with industry standards and best practices and offers an exhaustive coverage on design, construction and maintenance of pavements. The book has followed AASHTO Guide for Design of Pavement Structures, 1993, besides meeting latest code provisions and pavement design methods recommended by Indian Roads Congress (IRC) and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). This book has all standard topics on the subject, but differs from all other books in respect of following contents:
• Pavement Engineering and Highway Geometrics
• Design of Flexible Bituminous/Asphalt Pavement
• Design of Rigid Concrete Pavement
• Construction of Flexible Bituminous/Asphalt Pavement
• Construction of Rigid Concrete Pavement
• Maintenance of Flexible Bituminous/Asphalt Pavement
• Maintenance of Rigid Concrete Pavement
• Maintenance of other Road, Drainage and Bridge features
This book refers to the web uploaded volume ‘User’s Guide for Computer Applications’ at web site www.roadbridgedesign.com to help readers learn various computer applications in pavement engineering.
This book is designed to serve as a textbook for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering and Traffic and Transportation Engineering.
• BE/B.Tech, ME/MS/M.Tech (Civil Engineering and Transportation/ Highway Engineering)
• Professionals of Highway/Road Construction Industry