This comprehensive and thoroughly revised text, now in its fifth edition, continues to give a clear analysis of the principles and practices of corporate governance prevalent in India as well as in other industrialized countries of the world. The book has been revised as per the amendments in the Companies Act and Rules between 2015 and 2019, and also, includes SEBI (Listing Obligation and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2019.
The book begins with an introduction to corporate governance, and then moves onto the evaluation of corporate governance system. It provides a detailed description of the principles, philosophy, structure and the process of corporate governance. The text also contains a case study of selected listed large-cap companies under BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty on their corporate governance practices in India for the financial year 2015–2016. Besides, it also provides recommendations of various national and international committees on corporate governance reforms.
Primarily intended for the students of management, law and commerce, the book can also be used by professionals, regulatory authorities and policy-makers.
NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION
• Includes several revisions and updates on corporate governance system and legal requirements enforced by the new Company Laws and SEBI Listing guidelines.
• Live case studies in various chapters.
• Chapter-end review questions to ‘Test Your Knowledge’.
• Accompanying website containing well-designed objective type questions for practice—MCQs, T/F and Fill in the Blanks. Visit our Learning Centre. Click https://www.phindia.com/corporate_governance_india_by_das
• Glossary appended at the end of the book.
• Provides an explorative and evaluative study on the standards and practices of corporate governance in India.
• Outlines a road map for companies operating in India to achieve international standards of corporate governance.
• Includes figures and tables for clear understanding of the concepts.