This compact and concise book, in its third edition, gives a conceptual, analytical and evaluative study of the principles, codes, systems and practices of corporate governance prevalent in the industrially developed countries as well as the developing nations of the world. It includes a sub-section on 'Corporate Sustainability and Corporate Governance' in Chapter 2. The book has been revised as per the amendments in the Indian Companies Act and Rules between 2015 and 2019, and includes SEBI (Listing Obligation and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2021. The text also contains a case study of selected listed large-cap Indian companies under BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty on their corporate governance practices in India. Besides, two new topics 'Status of Corporate Social Responsibility in India' and 'Sustainability and Sustainable Development' have been included in Chapter-7. The book also includes 'codes of best practices' on corporate governance recommended by the author, which may be adopted by the corporate houses globally.
Primarily intended for the students of commerce, law and management, the book can be authoritatively used by researchers, professionals, regulatory authorities and policy makers all over the world.
• Gives a comprehensive account of all Codes/ Recommendations of the important International and National Committees on corporate governance.
• Provides a detailed description of the current corporate governance principles, systems, standards and practices followed by the USA, the UK, Germany, Japan, France, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and India.
• Explains the standards and practices of corporate governance adopted by the selected listed large-cap globally renowned Indian companies to assess Indian standards and practices as compared to the International benchmark.
• Includes several amendments, revisions and updates on corporate governance system and legal requirements enforced by the Indian Company Laws and SEBI Listing Regulations.
• Chapter-end Review Questions to 'Test Your Knowledge'.
• Gives a road map for all companies to achieve international standards of corporate governance.
• Contains a glossary of terms to explain the core concepts.