Foundation of Welding Technology presents the fundamental and advanced analysis of welding metallurgy and technology in clear, simple, and lucid language. The book explains the welding fundamentals, various welding processes, flux formulation of SMAW electrode, heat flow in welding, welding metallurgy of steel and stainless steel and non-ferrous alloys (Al-base, Cu-base, Ti-base, and Mg-base) and dissimilar metals and alloys, hard facing techniques, welding defects and residual stress, brazing and soldering and weld inspection and testing, etc. in detail in very systematic and logical manner.
A large number of illustrative numerical problems have been included throughout the book as an aid to the students. The MCQs and Numerical Problems will definitely be helpful to the aspirants of GATE, ISE/ESE, and other examinations. This book is especially designed for diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate students of Mechanical, Production, and Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
• Easy-to-read style and simple and logical explanation of Welding Fundamentals.
• The book has numerous numerical problems as examples with solutions and exercises with answers.
• A large number of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) to help GATE/ISE/ESE aspirants.
• This is the only book which deals about the manufacturing of the welding electrodes.
• The book also deals with incorporation of basic discussion of a relatively new, friction stir welding (FSW) process.