The present book is a novel attempt to make available the students an exhaustive, interesting and valuable information on the subject of Economic Zoology. All kinds of animal pathogens such as protozoans, helminths, nematodes, mites and ticks and household insects, directly or indirectly causing diseases in other animals including humans, have been described in detail covering every aspect of their life history along with the symptoms appearing on the hosts, and their prevention, control and cure. Furthermore, along with the animal pathogens mentioned above, plant pathogens, such as insects, acting as pests of a variety of crops have also been described in full detail. Apart from the harmful effects, animals are also beneficial to mankind. This seems to be justified when we go through the chapters relating to apiculture, lac culture and sericulture along with fisheries, prawn culture, pearl culture, cattle farming, pig farming and poultry farming.
In the second edition, the book introduces a section on 'Protozoans and Soil Fertility'. Besides, Multiple Choice Questions have been appended in each chapter to help students analysing the area of their strengths and weaknesses.
• Chapters enriched with photomicrographs present a realistic description.
• Exclusive life cycle diagrams of pathogens are helpful in understanding important events of their life.
• Exhaustive coverage of the subject matter helps students to understand the concepts with clarity and provide a wide range of information in a single volume.
• Chapter-end review questions help students to prepare for the examinations and assess their subject knowledge.
• B.Sc. Biology (Part paper)
• B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology (Full paper or Part paper)
• M.Sc. Zoology (Full paper)