This book titled Macroeconomics is an outcome of the author's teaching-learning experience spanning several years of teaching economics at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and has evolved from the earlier works of the author on the theme of Macroeconomics. It has evolved from actual classroom teaching and therefore adopts a conversational and lucid style of communication. The book seeks to capture the interest of the students towards macroeconomic issues and make it relatable to the actual dynamic functioning of economies.
Primarily intended for the undergraduate students of commerce and economics, it will also be useful for the students pursuing BBA course. It covers an array of topics ranging from national income and related aggregates, the demand and supply of money, the role of central banks, theories of output, income and employment determination with special focus on Keynes theory, post-Keynesian developments like monetarism, supply-side economics. It also covers issues like inflation, deflation, Phillips curve, trade cycles, public finance, budget, budgetary deficits and so on. It has chosen to restrict itself to a closed economy and hence, does not deal with issues of an open economy which requires a totally different treatment.
1. Evolved from actual classroom teaching
2. Analysis of major concepts, theories and issues in macroeconomics
3. Blends economic concepts, theories and real data wherever relevant
4. Relevant statistics and data in the Indian context
5. An exhaustive list of references including websites is provided for ready reference
6. Key takeaways, thought provoking questions and relevant exercises provided at the end of every chapter
• BA (Economics)