Designed as per the latest NCERT syllabus and syllabi of several universities offering teacher education courses, the book incorporating 16 chapters is an up-to-date and comprehensive treatise, which deals with the basic as well as advanced topics of the field of knowledge and the field of contextualisation of knowledge (curriculum).
In the opening chapters, knowledge is conceived and described in a broad perspective. This is followed by an extensive discussion on curriculum, including the various issues and concerns, different approaches, curriculum design, development and evaluation.
A peep into the modern classrooms, shift in pedagogy and skill-based curriculum makes the book a complete organic entity for comprehensive understanding of the continuum of knowledge and curriculum.
It is primarily intended for the undergraduate students of education and elementary education as well as for the postgraduate students of education. Moreover, teacher educators and researchers will also find the book useful.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BOOK
• Presents intensive analysis of the concepts in a logical sequence
• Includes practical illustrations along with clear, concise and lucid language
• Follows professional and analytical approach
• Incorporates flowcharts, diagrams and chapter-end exercises
• Comprises a bibliography at the end of the book
• M.A. (Education)