Organisations are created, managed, and they excel by human beings despite the enabling process of technology. There is no substitute for the human brain. Human resource is the most important and crucial among all other resources in the organizational context. Of late, in the fast-changing business environment, there is a paradigm shift in terms of the role and function of the human resource professional. Human resource management has become more strategic in the function directly linking to the overall business strategy of the organization. The ultimate aim is to improve organizational performance.
The sixth edition of this book, thoroughly revised and updated, continues to educate the students on the HRM concepts, keeping its readers abreast with the fast-changing business environment. The author has incorporated the latest research, applications and experiments with a judicious balance between theory and practice.
Primarily designed for the students of Management, Commerce, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations and related fields, this compact yet concise text provides ample literature on this subject elaborating a clear understanding of the principles of human resource management.
NEW TO SIXTH EDITION
• Chapterisation as per Harvard Framework
• All the chapters have been thoroughly updated, revised and completely reworked
• Incorporation of latest developments in each segment of HR
• Addition of learning objectives in each chapter
• Inclusion of New age HR practices
• New practices, models, illustrations and examples have enhanced the concepts explained
• New Indian cases have been inserted
Students of Management, Commerce, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations and related fields