GATE Mechanical Engineering is designed for candidates preparing for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). This examination is conducted across the country by the IITs and IISc and it focuses on engineering and science subjects. On the basis of the GATE Score, the higher educational institutes offer admission for M.Tech and Ph.D. programs. The GATE Score is also used by Public Sector units like ONGC, NTPC, ISRO, BHEL, DRDO, IOCL, NHPC and others to recruit entry-level engineers.
The book is a valuable resource for the students who wish to achieve success in the GATE, and want to succeed in academic and employment pursuits.
This book is based on the latest syllabus of GATE. It is divided into 17 chapters and each chapter contains key concepts and formulas, solved examples, previous years' GATE questions, and practice paper with solutions.
• Key concepts and formulas to facilitate quick revision of the important points in each chapter.
• Practice papers to self-assess are available at https://www.phindia.com/DP_Sharma_GATE_ME/
• More than 2100 problems with solutions to develop problem-solving skills.
• More than 1500 diagrams for easy understanding of the concepts which make the reading more fruitful.
• Most of the questions are from previous years' GATE and IES exam papers.
• Multiple choice questions help students to assess their learning.
• Lucid presentation of solutions of practice papers to improve on the areas that need improvements.
• GATE examination (Mechanical Engineering)
• PSUs examinations (Mechanical Engineering)
• IES examination (Mechanical Engineering)
• BE/B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)