This comprehensive text aims to give readers an overall idea of the structural changes in Indian Economy in the Post-Independence era with greater focus on the period since reforms of the 1990s. Besides giving an overview of the broad trends of the economy, an attempt has been made to define various important concepts that may be useful for any average student learning the subject.
Comprehensive coverage of contemporary issues such as sectoral reforms, various welfare schemes of the government, employment generation schemes, etc. are dealt with in great detail and the book is up-to-date with latest data from Economic Survey 2020–21.
Primarily designed for General Studies paper of the Civil Services Examination (IAS and PCS) and the optional paper on Economics in the main examination, the book will be handy for other competitive examinations. Undergraduate and postgraduate students of commerce, economics and management will also immensely benefit by reading the book.
• Up-to-date with latest data from Economic Survey 2020–21
• Short-answer and long-answer questions based on exam pattern are the highlight of the book• Previous years' examination questions
• Important issues/developments highlighted
• Civil Services and other competitive Examinations aspirants
• Undergraduate/Postgraduate students of Economics/Commerce/ Management