The book comprising the various aspects relating to the psychology of learning and development of a child furnishes proper understanding to its readers for helping the growing children in their thoroughgoing development. The subject-matter, dexterously divided into 35 chapters and organised in a simplified and logical manner, first explicates educational psychology, development of the growing children, process of learning, intelligence, aptitude and attitude, and then expounds on psychology of individual differences, learning styles, learning disabilities, creativity, personality, mental health, adjustment, guidance and counselling, and ultimately, social groups and group dynamics.
The book is primarily designed for the post-graduate students of education.
• Presents comprehensive and practicable coverage of the topics
• Discusses theories related to a number of aspects and phenomena
• Includes some important concepts such as Havighurst's developmental tasks, emotional intelligence, social intelligence, spiritual intelligence, constructivism and constructivist learning, achievement motivation, learning disabilities, theories of creativity, and so on
• Offers engaging language and user-friendly mode of discussion
• Adequately illustrated with examples, figures and tables
• Comprises chapter-end summary for quick glance of the concepts
Teaching resource is available at https:// www.phindia.com/Psychology-of-Learning-and-Development-by-Mangal-Mangal for adopting faculties, which comprises quiz questions, chapter-wise PPTs and bibliography, and lecture video.