The book presents an updated analysis of the public administrative system existing in India, covering different administrative structures as well as functions at the Central, State, district and local levels of our country.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• A thorough discussion on the structure of the civil services
• Functions and roles of the— President, Prime Minister, Council of Ministers, Finance, Home and External Affairs Ministries, and Central Secretariat
• Roles of the State administration with special emphasis on the—Governor, Chief Minister, Chief Secretary, State Secretariat, and District Collector
• Thorough analysis of the local self governments at the rural and urban areas of India
• Women's participation in the rural local self government.
• Explain financial administration, welfare administration, citizens and administration, and major Indian committees and commissions
• Discusses issues such as Personnel Administration, Administration of Law and Order, Information Technology, Human Rights, Globalisation and Civil Society, etc.
• Detailed analyses of Kolkata Municipal Corporation, Changing Nature of Planning—NITI Aayog, MGNREGA, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), NRHM, Gender and Administration
• A new chapter on 'Some Recent Developments in the Concept of Administration' (Chapter 16).
Ø B.A. Political Science
Ø M.A. Political Science
Ø Civil Services Aspirants