The textbook is designed for B.Tech students of Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering and M.Tech students of Power System/Energy Engineering/Energy Management. It will also be useful for MBA courses on Energy Management conducted by some universities through distance education mode.
The book, now in its Second Edition, offers an exhaustive discussion of the energy analysis methodologies and tools to optimize the utilization of energy and how to enhance efficiency during conversion of energy from one form to another. It illustrates the energy analysis methods used in factories, transportation systems and buildings highlighting the various forms of use. It also discusses the thermodynamic principles of energy conversion and constitution of energy balance equation for such systems.
The book examines the energy costs in our everyday life in terms of energy inputs in food cultivation. It also discusses similar energy costs of using fuels, other goods and services in our daily life
• Includes numerous questions and answers on Energy Management
• Contains problems and solutions on Energy Management
• Provides MCQs for the preparation of certified energy auditor examination conducted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, GoI
• Includes Case Studies
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• Includes new chapters on Electrical Systems, Transformers, Electric Motors, Pumps and Fans, Compressors, Water Heaters, Electrolytic Processes, and Energy Control Centre
• Incorporates latest topics in the existing chapters
• Provides critical case studies