This systematically designed laboratory handbook elucidates a number of techniques which help students carry out various experiments in the field of biochemistry. The experimental protocols described in this book have been standardized and performed in the authors’ own laboratory.
It is basically intended for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of life sciences (biochemistry, microbiology, biotechnology, plant biotechnology, animal biotechnology, botany and zoology) and engineering (biotechnology and biomedical) for their laboratory courses. The students usually have to refer to many journals and books to find the right procedure for performing experiments, hence this handbook is an attempt to provide them with the frequently used methods in a handy format, including explanations of principles, procedures and interpretations of results of the experiments.
Now, in its second edition, the book introduces ten new experiments in a step-by-step procedural format under In Vitro Enzymatic Anti-oxidant Assays explaining Determination of Nitric Oxide Radical Scavenging Activity, Determination of Catalase Activity, Determination of Laccase Activity and Concentration and Diafiltration.
• Provides a general procedure of the experiments in an easy-to-understand tabulated format.
• Presents the physiological importance of bio-components like amino acids, uric acid, carbohydrates, proteins, etc. in the human body as an added feature.
• Gives information on preparation of laboratory reagents in separate appendices.
• Provides illustrations for better understanding of the experiments.
• B.Sc. / M.Sc. Life sciences (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Botany and Zoology)
• B.Tech (Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering)