This thoroughly revised edition of the book demonstrates principle and instrumentation of each technique routinely used in biotechnology. Like the previous edition, the second edition also follows non-mathematical approach. Three aspects of each technique including principle, methodology with knowledge of different parts of an instrument; and applications have now been discussed in the text. For the beginners, the book will help in building a strong foundation, starting from the preparation of solutions, extraction, separation and analysis of biomolecules to the characterisation by spectroscopic methods—the full gamut of biological analysis.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• Incorporates two new chapters on 'Radioisotope Tracer Techniques' and 'Basic Molecular Biology Techniques and Bioinformatics'.
• Comprises a full chapter on 'Fermentation and Bioreactors' Design and Instrumentation' (the revised and updated version of Miscellaneous Methods of the previous edition).
• Contains a number of pictorial illustrations, tables and worked-out examples to enhance students' understanding of the topics.
• Includes chapter-end review questions.
• B.Sc./B.Tech (Biotechnology)
• M.Sc./M.Tech (Biotechnology)