The present edition, with new title Coastal Engineering, is the enlarged and updated volume of the book origin-ally published under the title Coastal Hydrodynamics in 2012.
The book provides an overview of world population and ocean resources, natural threats and man-made hazards, and their impact on coastal environment.
It discusses the fundamentals of wind, waves, tides and fluid flow and describes commonly adopted wave theories in coastal engineering. The text explains the methods for estimating wave forces on coastal structures, procedures for the analysis of wave data, and sediment transport. Apart from the estimation of beach profile evolution and shoreline change, the book discusses key aspects related to the design of different coastal structures.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• Includes two new chapters on Beach Profile and Shoreline Evolution and Design of Breakwaters and Coastal Protective Structures
• Colour photographs are appended at the end of the book
• Worked-out examples will benefit the reader to understand and solve variety of coastal engineering problems.
• Exercises given at the end of each chapter would benefit the reader to get exposed to a variety of practical problems related to coastal engineering.
• B.Tech./M.Tech. (Ocean Engineering/ Marine Engineering)