The book, now in its Second Edition, presents the concepts of electrical circuits with easy-to-understand approach based on classroom experience of the authors. It deals with the fundamentals of electric circuits, their components and the mathematical tools used to represent and analyze electrical circuits.
This text guides students to analyze and build simple electric circuits. The presentation is very simple to facilitate self-study to the students. A better way to understand the various aspects of electrical circuits is to solve many problems. Keeping this in mind, a large number of solved and unsolved problems have been included. The chapters are arranged logically in a proper sequence so that successive topics build upon earlier topics. Each chapter is supported with necessary illustrations.
It serves as a textbook for undergraduate engineering students of multiple disciplines for a course on ‘circuit theory’ or ‘electrical circuit analysis’ offered by major technical universities across the country.
• Difficult topics such as transients, network theorems, two-port networks are presented in a simple manner with numerous examples.
• Short questions with answers are provided at the end of every chapter to help the students to understand the basic laws and theorems.
• Annotations are given at appropriate places to ensure that the students get the gist of the subject matter clearly.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
• Incorporates several new solved examples for better understanding of the subject
• Includes objective type questions with answers at the end of the chapters
• Provides an appendix on ‘Laplace Transforms’