This comprehensive text has been designed keeping in mind the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Journalism, Mass Communication, Visual Communication, Electronic Media, Broadcast Journalism and other media courses. It gives a detailed account of the different formats of radio programme production—radio news, interview, documentary, feature, drama, docudrama, discussion and phone-in programmes—and also explains methods of production, basics of script writing, studio set-up, special audience radio programmes, specialized broadcasting including educational broadcasting, and legal regulations and ethics related to radio broadcasting in India.
The book imparts a thorough understanding of the history of radio broadcasting in India, community radio, radio journalism, model of radio in India, FM revolution in India and the different wings and functionaries of radio. Practical knowledge needed to succeed in a career in radio by providing the qualities needed to become a successful news presenter, news writer, radio producer and radio jockey have also been furnished.
Not only the media students, but also radio professionals and those who aspire to have a career in radio would find the book immensely valuable.
• Chapter-end questions to help students in preparing for their exams.
• Practical exercises and field projects for hands-on experience.
• Well-structured tables and neat illustrations to explain the concepts.
• Box items to highlight the key points in each chapter.
• Model flow charts for students to create and produce their own programmes.
• Annexure and references for further study of the subject.