This fully revised and updated third edition carries a holistic approach to the new and emerging realities of Indian as well as the global business environment. It incorporates the new challenges emanating from Covid-19 outbreak and also other enablers shaping up the business environment. This new edition brings forth a contemporary and pragmatic appeal to the learners. The text provides an incisive insight into the subject via simple, elegant and explicit presentation that amalgamates theory logically and rigorously with the practical aspects.
Organised in 24 chapters, the book aims to develop a broader understanding of the concepts and their applications and dexterously assimilates the latest statistics depicting the national and global perspectives. This text is suitable for both PG and UG students of Management, Commerce, Economics, and Business Studies. Besides, it is of immense value to the aspirants of civil services and the professionals, including policy makers, working in the government departments.
NEW TO THE THIRD EDITION
• Presents latest developments viz. Economic slowdown due to lockdowns, Impact of the outbreak of Covid-19, Atmanirbharta (self-reliance), Union Budget 2021–22, Policy changes amid slowdown, FDI policy changes, and also about Indian economic scenarios, NITI Aayog, Manufacturing in defence sector, Climate Change, Make in India, Geo-economic aspects, GST, BREXIT, SDGs, Latest developments in global environment, WTO issues, and others.
• Updates sections, sub-sections, opening and closing cases to keep abreast of new developments.
• Introduces revised tables and figures to represent the latest scenarios, in most cases with data up to 2019–20.
• Includes latest domestic and global policy frameworks influencing business environment.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BOOK
• Each chapter commences with an opening case to emphasise the topic of importance, and ends with a closing case to help in satisfying a learner from the point of view of understanding the chapter.
• Relevant box items call readers' attention to practical examples and experiences for in-depth learning.
• Case-based questions and review questions help in assessing learner's ability to grasp basic concepts.
• Companion website https://www.phindia.com/ahmed containing useful resources for the teachers and study aids for the students.