Financial system is the backbone of any economy. During the last few years, India, with its strong financial system, has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Today, with the financial sector experiencing an unprecedented boom due to increasing globalisation, the subject of this book has become more important than ever before. In view of the inevitable importance of financial system globally and in India, the present book provides an up-to-date overview of the Indian financial system and an elaborative discussion on its three inter-woven wings of financial markets, institutions and services. Supported by various teaching aids including cases, projects, objectives and review questions, this is a complete book on the subject which covers conventional as well as contemporary topics, besides cultivating a clear understanding of the basic concepts and practices of the constituents of financial system.
Primarily designed for postgraduate and undergraduate students of management and allied disciplines of commerce, finance and economics, it is equally useful to the business managers and corporate leaders who would like to be well versed with the basic concepts and mechanism of financial system for achieving professional and personal growth.
• Covers, in-depth, three constituents and entire gamut of the Financial System in India—financial markets, financial institutions and financial services.
• Comprehends the financial instruments and financial innovations that are taking place in the financial markets, such as barter exchange, plastic money, venture capital, credit rating, and more.
• Thoroughly updated with current concepts, corporate practices, recent trends, and current data on the subject.
• Provides illustrations, case studies, tables, figures for a vivid visual impact and related concepts to real life situations, and presenting complex topics into pleasurable reading and learning experience.
• Comprises graded pedagogy—MCQs with solutions, True/false, Fill in the blanks, Short answer questions, Critical thinking questions and discussion problems at the end of each chapter.
• Instructor’s manual and Learning Material for Faculty and Students are available at https://www.phindia.com/financial_markets_institutions_and_services_sandeep_goel.
• MBA (Finance)
• M.Com. / MA (Economics)
• M.Sc. (Financial Economics)