Advertising has today become an indispensable marketing tool of the corporate world. The advent of the Internet, e-commerce, data analytics, and computer-aided designing has revolutionized the advertising world. This book provides an in-depth coverage of the concepts related to advertising, media planning, and nuances of advertising in each media source.
Divided into five parts, the text covers advertising basics, advertising research and strategy, creativity and advertising, advertising media, and integrated marketing communications. The book describes how to develop and execute an effective advertising campaign by understanding consumers' mindset and conducting advertising research. It also enables the reader to assess, review and modify an advertising campaign through case studies of several brands.
The third edition of the book appropriately incorporates a chapter on 'Digital Marketing', and 'Rural Marketing' along with revamping and reorganising contents of book to enhance the learning process.
• A large number of ads, current as well as from the past, are used to elucidate the concepts.
• The text helps the reader analyze an ad copy and find its relevance to the product.
• Case studies on popular brands are provided throughout the text to assist the reader in understanding the key elements of successful brand building.
• The book is primarily intended to serve as a text for postgraduate students of management and the students pursuing various courses in advertising.
• PG Diploma in Advertising & PR
• PG Certificate Programme—Sales & Marketing Communication