Primarily intended for the undergraduate students of Automobile, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace engineering, and postgraduate students of Thermal Engineering and Energy Systems, the book presents the topics as per the outcome-based education system. In addition to the coverage of various alternative fuels considered for IC engines, special focus is emphasized on research findings in the field of alternative fuels and fuel additives including nano-additives. The stress is also given towards the exclusive coverage of advanced engine technologies such as CRDI engines, MPFI engines, GDI, HCCI and advanced energy technologies such as Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs), Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs), Fuel Cell Vehicles (FCVs), Solar Powered Vehicles.
• A detailed discussion of the research findings in alternatives fuels for IC engines
• 150+ Review questions
• 200+ Multiple choice questions
• PowerPoint slides for the instructors
• Undergraduate students of Automobile, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace engineering
• Postgraduate students of Thermal engineering and Energy systems