Primarily designed for the students of civil/structural engineering at all levels of studies—undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma—as well as for professionals in this field, the third edition of this book covers the fundamental concepts of steel design in the perspective of limit state design as per IS 800:2007, with special focus on cost-effective design of industrial structures, foot bridges, portal frames, and pre-engineered buildings. Beam to column connections, typically adopted in SMRF are discussed with AISC specifications in this edition.
Two appendices elaborate—(i) geometrical properties of rolled steel sections often required as per the revised clause of IS 800:2007 which are not present in the existing steel tables such as classification of cross sections in bending compression and axial compression, and (ii) suggested corrections in IS 800:2007.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• An additional chapter on Connections has been incorporated, which explains different types of bolted and welded connections, concentrically as well as eccentrically loaded.
• Subject matter is covered in 15 chapters and explained in a clear, contextual language.
• Text consists of numerous solved examples with solutions and well-labelled figures and tables.
• Concepts have been discussed with step-by-step design calculations and detailing.
• Exercises given at the end of each chapter.