This concise and compact text continues to provide updates on environmental issues, and stresses on action agenda for effective environmental management and preparing youngsters to take initiatives for various environmental issues. Multi-dimensional aspects of environmental management such as Sustainable Development, the RIO Conference (popularly known as the Earth Summit), Environment Impact Assessment, Environmental Ethics, Environmental Risk Communication, and Waste Management have been emphasized in this edition.
Dr. Bala Krishnamoorthy, with her rich experience in teaching and research, provides the reader with a succinct, well-researched and engaging study of this fascinating subject. Besides giving an exposition on the principles, the author also presents Case Studies and Short Cases to highlight and illustrate the issues discussed.
This book is recommended by several colleges across India and is also cited by research scholars for mention on Command and Control mechanism.
Primarily written for management students to prepare them to understand different dimensions in handling environmental issues, it also serves as a guide to teachers across India to enrich their teaching experience using case studies, besides offering valuable insights for the general reader.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• An elaborate course outline and sample question papers are included to help teachers in formulating the course.
• A detailed note on E-waste as an emerging environmental concern.
• Additional cases with exercises.
• Tips to the teachers to organize lectures step-by-step and exercises for students to prepare them for examination.
• Includes new Case Studies while retaining all other cases from the previous edition.