This book, now in its third edition, is suitable for the first-year students of all branches of engineering for a course in Engineering Physics. The concepts of physics are explained in the simple language so that the average students can also understand it. This edition is thoroughly revised as per the latest syllabi followed in the technical universities.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• Chapters on:
– Material Science
– Elementary Crystal Physics
• Appendix on semiconductor devices
• Several new problems in various chapters
• Questions asked in recent university examinations
• Gives preliminaries at the beginning of the chapters to prepare the students for the concepts discussed in the particular chapter.
• Provides a large number of solved numerical problems.
• Gives numerical problems and other questions asked in the university examinations for the last several years.
• Appendices at the end of chapters supplement the textual material.