Flipping through a dictionary pages will now be having a new meaning while reading through Professional Learner’s Dictionary of Spoken English. Designed as the Encyclopaedia of Communicative English, the dictionary contains whole gamut of idioms, sayings and phrases which are used in conversations—in both formal and informal situations.
The book has been conceptualised and conceived for the ESL (English As a Second Language) learners, for whom English is a foreign language, but who are eager to speak Real English like the native speakers of English. This book attempts to go beyond the traditional approaches of Spoken English, and takes a communicative approach.
Besides making a user aware of the meaning of a term, this book educates skillfully how to speak effective English, what to speak and what not to speak, in order to communicate flawlessly. Conversational ability, fluency in speaking, situation-specific (such as welcome speech) and format-based speaking (such as participating in a group discussion) are some other features of the book that will help a learner pick up the language effortlessly with ease.
The book will be of immense utility for the students of Engineering, Management, Communication and all those for whom expressing their thoughts in words is a barrier, and who want to learn English and succeed in Professional and Personal life.
• Practical English Usage has been exemplified with suitable Examples.
• Loaded with sample conversations, models sentences for carrying out major functions in English (such as expressing various emotions), and collocations for developing fluency.
• Demonstrates the difference between Formal and Informal English.
• 50 Sets of Exercises and 1000+ Questions for Practice.
• Key to the Exercises also included.