This comprehensive text is primarily designed for BE/BTech students of mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, and production engineering. This text consists of 11 chapters covering concepts and techniques of process planning and cost estimation. The text is supported by well-labelled diagrams and case studies. The book contains solved problems that facilitates students to understand the concepts quickly. At the end of each chapter, theoretical questions and applicable numerical problems are given to test the understanding of the readers.
• Includes classification and coding systems with fitting examples
• Contains a complete account of work study
• Provides detailed coverage of process planning
• Gives formulas of mensuration for material cost estimation
• Introduces different manufacturing processes in relevant chapters