The second edition of the book is richer in contents with updated concepts on strategic management. The entire text is restructured and fine-tuned to meet the needs of the students pursuing MCom/MBA/PGDBA and identical courses.
The book, now divided into four parts, is focused on providing the readers broad perspectives on formulation of strategy, its processes, implementation as well as evaluation so as to assess its effectiveness. The book brings into fore the learning that a strategy is good if it passes the test of feasibility, acceptability and suitability.
Now, the text incorporates 44 live cases of successful, reputable organizations, which have excelled as a result of application of strategic planning/strategic thinking in formulation and implementation of their strategies. Besides, references have been made of the practices in 65 successful global companies while discussing the concepts and practices.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
Beginning with an overview of strategic management, the text analyzes important topics such as
• Environmental macro- and micro-factors of the organization, which underline success of an enterprise
• What develops sustainable competitive advantage in organizations
• Eight implementation techniques which are helpful in successful implementation of strategies
• Evaluation of strategy and GE-McKinsey matrix on measurement of organizational success
• Role and traits of strategic leadership for successful implementation of strategy in face of uncertain, turbulent and complex global market
• Learning from the case study on Mobil company