This well-balanced text with its fine blend of theory and applications, gives an in-depth understanding of production and operations management in an easy-to-understand style. Employing an innovative approach, the author, shows how the use of modern advanced technology gives a boost to production processes and significantly helps production and operations management. The book clearly demonstrates the use of special software packages to solve actual problems.
Retaining the original contents, the book, divided into six parts, explains following in its second edition
WHY Necessity of production and operations management
WHAT Product/service design, product quality and other issues
HOW Process design and related issues
WHERE Plant location, layout and capacity
WHEN Planning and control of production operations
WHO Human relations issues that affect production and operations
• Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter enable readers to focus on important points of a chapter.
• A concept quiz at the end of each chapter helps the reader to evaluate his understanding of the concepts explained in a chapter.
• Numerous solved examples, and answers to all chapter-end numerical problems have been provided.
• Covers Service Operations in almost every chapter in addition to the traditional manufacturing operations.
• A section with 10 progressive short case studies gives real-world experience.
• Chapter-end summary helps readers to review and recapitulate the key concepts.
The students of management and engineering (mechanical, production and industrial engineering) will be benefited with the book.
An instructor manual containing PowerPoint slides and solutions to chapter-end problems is available.
The book is recommended by AICTE for PGDM course. The link is www.aicte-india.org/modelsyllabus.php