This comprehensive book is an earnest endeavour to apprise the readers with a thorough understanding of all important basic concepts and methods of fluid mechanics and hydraulic machines. The text is organised into sixteen chapters, out of which the first twelve chapters are more inclined towards imparting the conceptual aspects of fluids mechanics, while the remaining four chapters accentuate more on the details of hydraulic machines. The book is supplemented with solutions manual for instructors containing detailed solutions of all chapter-end unsolved problems. Primarily intended as a text for the undergraduate students of civil, mechanical, chemical and aeronautical engineering, this book will be of immense use to the postgraduate students of hydraulics engineering, water resources engineering, and fluids engineering.
• The book describes all concepts in easy-to-grasp language with diagrammatic representation and practical examples.
• A variety of worked-out examples are included within the text, illustrating the wide applications of fluid mechanics.
• Every chapter comprises summary that presents the main idea and relevant details of the topics discussed.
• Almost all chapters incorporate objective type questions of previous years’ GATE examinations, along with their answers and in-depth explanations.
• Previous years’ IES conventional questions are provided at the end of most of the chapters.
• A set of theoretical questions and numerous unsolved numerical problems are provided at the chapter-end to help the students from practice pointof-view.
• Every chapter consists of a section Suggested Reading comprising a list of publications that the students may refer for more detailed information.