The book is primarily designed to cater to the needs of undergraduate and postgraduate students of Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied branches. It also caters for fundamental requirements of professionals working on design and development of antenna and wave propagation related equipment either in research laboratories or industries or academic institutions elsewhere.
The book has been written with intent to grasp the basic understanding of theoretical as well as practical aspects of electromagnetic wave propagation and antenna engineering. The text has been aptly scripted considering the requirements of average students who can easily grasp and comprehend the basics of wave propagation and radiation mechanism of varieties of antennas coupled with their critical functionalities, utilities, advantages/disadvantages without any external assistance of teachers or other reference books. The book broaches very well on practical methods of parametric measurements of antenna with right measuring test equipment and associated tools. The last chapter of the book is dedicated to advance technology adopted in design and development of modern antenna.
• A fairly large number of well labelled diagrams to provide practical understanding of the concepts.
• The placement of numericals at appropriate places develops confidence among readers and enthuses them further to read in depth to crack any regular or competitive examinations.
• Chapter summary highlights important points for quick recap and revision before examination.
• Well-crafted multiple choice questions with answers at the end of each chapter to stimulate thought process and prepare better for viva-voce and competitive examinations.
• Appropriate number of unsolved numerical problems with answers to improve problem solving skill of students.