Primarily intended for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of management, the book can also be of immense help to the students of commerce, science and economics. The contents of the book cover the syllabi of various Indian universities and B-schools.
The book is the outcome of the extensive teaching experience of the authors in various management schools. The text encompasses topics on descriptive statistics and averages, probability and Bayes’ theorem, distributions, sampling techniques, significance tests, chi-square tests and ANOVA. Besides, the book also acquaints the readers with the regression and correlation, and time series and index numbers.
• Statistics answers your questions in the beginning of each chapter outlines various areas of applications of statistics.
• Various supplementary examples aid the students in gaining a thorough understanding of the discussed concept.
• The case studies use real, recent and easily understandable data collected from various sources that acquaint the students with the real-life situations.
• The self-test and exercises given at the end of each chapter test students’ comprehension of various underlying concepts and principles.
• Answers to self-test and hints to exercises are also provided.