Aiming at undergraduate and postgraduate students of mechanical engineering, the book has been written with a long teaching experience of the author. Lucid and beyond traditional writing style makes the text different from other books. In this text, every effort has been taken to make the subject easy and interesting. The concepts have been explained in such a manner that students do not require any prerequisite knowledge.
The text amalgamated with real-world examples help students adhere to the book and learn the concepts on their own. Throughout the book, engaging and thought-provoking approach has been followed.
It discusses free and forced vibrations of undamped and damped single degree freedom systems, self-excited vibrations, vibrations of two and multi degree freedom systems, vibrations of continuous systems and Lagrangian formulation.
A chapter on ‘Set up a Mechanical Vibration Laboratory’ helps students and teachers to learn how to develop a basic laboratory without involving a heavy cost.
Besides undergraduate and postgraduate students, this text also serves as a launch pad for those who want to pursue research.
• Simple practical demonstrations.
• Helps the student in developing important skills such as reasoning, interpretation and physical visualisation.
• Helps to develop software.
• Prepares for competitive examinations.
• There are nearly 50 problems illustrated and around 200 problems given in exercises for practice.