The book would serve as a standard textbook on the subject of Industrial Marketing, and thus, will be useful for students of management. This book is aimed at providing better conceptual understanding of the industrial marketing, as well as, enhancing the skills required in its practice.
The book begins with the review of fundamentals of marketing, concepts in industrial marketing, industrial marketing environment, gathering market intelligence, organisational buying behaviour, and segmentation and positioning in industrial marketing.
Then, it goes on to give an insightful analysis of product mix, price mix, marketing channels, marketing control, and project marketing. The text concludes with a discussion on commercial terms, clauses and documents involved in the practice of industrial marketing. The text provides eleven case studies which lend a practical flavour to it, and illustrate the concepts discussed.
• Shows the importance and selection criteria of marketing channels.
• Explains commercial clauses and contents of documents.
• Explains difference between product marketing and project marketing.
• Provides questions at the end of every chapter.
Interspersed with real-life examples, this book should also prove very handy to the practicing manager.
• Four new chapters, namely, Review of Marketing Fundamentals, Industrial Marketing Environment, Negotiating Sales Deals and Key Account Management have been added.
• Keeping in mind the importance of case studies for both the students, as well as, practitioners, four new cases have also been added in this edition.
• Besides, material is added in most of the chapters to discuss some topics in more detail, or some sub-topic which were missing in the earlier edition.
• Problem questions added at the end of the chapters will help the students to understand the practical applications of marketing concepts in real business world.
• The concepts are supported by real-life examples, diagrams and tables to reinforce the understanding of the subject-matter.