This comprehensive text acquaints the readers with the important aspects of artificial intelligence (AI) and intelligent systems and guides them towards a better understanding of the subject.
The text begins with a brief introduction to artificial intelligence, including application areas, its history and future, and programming. It then deals with symbolic logic, knowledge acquisition, representation and reasoning. The text also lucidly explains AI technologies such as computer vision, natural language processing, pattern recognition and speech recognition. Topics such as expert systems, neural networks, constraint programming and case-based reasoning are also discussed in the book.
In the Second Edition, the contents and presentation have been improved thoroughly and in addition six new chapters providing a simulating and inspiring synthesis of new artificial intelligence and an appendix on AI tools have been introduced.
The treatment throughout the book is primarily tailored to the curriculum needs of B.E./B.Tech. students in Computer Science and Engineering, B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. students in Computer Science, and MCA students. The book is also useful for computer professionals interested in exploring the field of artificial intelligence.
• Exposes the readers to real-world applications of AI.
• Concepts are duly supported by examples and cases.
• Provides appendices on PROLOG, LISP and AI Tools.
• Incorporates most recommendations of the Curriculum Committee on Computer Science/Engineering for AI and Intelligent Systems.
• Exercises provided will help readers apply what they have learned.