This comprehensive text on control systems is designed for undergraduate students pursuing courses in electronics and communication engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, telecommunication engineering, electronics and instrumentation engineering, mechanical engineering, and biomedical engineering. Appropriate for self-study, the book will also be useful for AMIE and IETE students.
Written in a student-friendly readable manner, the book, now in its Second Edition, explains the basic fundamentals and concepts of control systems in a clearly understandable form. It is a balanced survey of theory aimed to provide the students with an in-depth insight into system behaviour and control of continuous-time control systems. All the solved and unsolved problems in this book are classroom tested, designed to illustrate the topics in a clear and thorough way.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
• One new chapter on Digital control systems
• Complete answers with figures
• Root locus plots and Nyquist plots redrawn as per MATLAB output
• MATLAB programs at the end of each chapter
• Glossary at the end of chapters
• Includes several fully worked-out examples to help students master the concepts involved.
• Provides short questions with answers at the end of each chapter to help students prepare for exams confidently.
• Offers fill in the blanks and objective type questions with answers at the end of each chapter to quiz students on key learning points.
• Gives chapter-end review questions and problems to assist students in reinforcing their knowledge