This well accepted book, now in its second edition, is a time-honoured revision and extension of the previous edition.
With improved organization and enriched contents, the book primarily focuses on the concepts of design development of communication protocols or communication software. Beginning with an overview of protocol engineering, the text analyzes important topics such as
• TCP/IP suite protocol structure.
• Protocol specification.
• Protocol specification languages like SDL, SPIN, Estelle, E-LOTOS, CPN, UML, etc.
• Protocol verification and validation techniques like semantic models and reachability analysis.
• Generating conformance test suite and its application to a running protocol implementation.
Communication Protocol Engineering is purely a text dedicated to the undergraduate students of electronics and communication engineering and computer engineering. The text is also of immense use to the postgraduate students of communication systems.
Highlights of Second Edition
• Incorporates latest and up-to-date information on the topics covered.
• Includes a large number of figures and examples for easy understanding of concepts.
• Presents some new sections like wireless protocol challenges, TCP protocol, verification of TCP, test execution, test case derivation, etc.
• Involves extension of protocol specification languages like SPIN, Estelle, Uppaal etc.