There has been overwhelming response from the readers of this text. Based on their feedback and suggestions, this book has been enlarged and thoroughly revised in its Fifth Edition.
Besides updating the sixteen chapters of the previous edition, it now incorporates ten new chapters dealing with synchronous machines, single/three phase motors, ac commutator motors and stepper motors.
The present text, written in a lucid style, is the culmination of more than four decades of the author’s long experience in teaching of electrical engineering subjects, especially electrical machines at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Easy to follow, understand and implement.
• Includes about 440 worked-out examples.
• Contains 721 MCQs (with answers) to help students measure their understanding and analysing skills and evaluate their knowledge.
• Offers about 515 chapter-end exercises with answers to build problem solving skills and gain hands-on experience and self-confidence.
• Includes many real-life examples to enable students to analyse and implement theoretical concepts in real-life situations.
• Difficult concepts like commutation explained in great detail so as to make students grasp concept with clear understanding.
The book is primarily designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Besides, the students of all other branches of engineering will find this text useful for their course study.