This thoroughly revised and updated Second Edition provides an in-depth information that readers need to fully exploit the functionality of Microsoft’s ASP.NET framework and Oracle’s Database Server to build dynamic and interactive web applications that can handle a large number of simultaneous users.
The book provides readers with information pertaining to ASP.NET 4.0 architecture; its installation, web controls, master pages, themes, state management, AJAX and deployment of web applications. It includes the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS), which are used for designing the web pages. In order to facilitate an easy learning of intricate concepts involved in the development of data-driven dynamic web applications, the book provides a detailed treatment on the Oracle Structured Query Language (SQL) and Oracle PL/SQL. It also introduces the distributed architecture and discusses how ASP.NET framework, Oracle database and Internet Information Services (IIS) can be used to develop and deploy the solutions for distributed environment.
After going through this book, the students/professionals will be able to:
• Develop data-driven web applications using Oracle as back-end.
• Present data through data-bound controls.
• Manage consistent look and fill using master pages and themes.
• Develop stateful e-commerce applications.
• Develop rich interactive web applications using AJAX.
• Embed Microsoft Reports to produce dynamic printable output.
• Debug, deploy and secure web applications.
The book is intended to serve as a guide for the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Computer Science, Computer Applications and Information Technology. Besides, it would also be useful to IT professionals to enhance their technical skills.
• More than 100 worked-out examples and 20 assignments.
• Around 200 objective and subjective type questions.
• Two real-world case studies with solutions.
• Project development work following the complete SDLC process model.
• Three appendices, namely Integrating Microsoft Reports in ASP.NET, Installation of Visual Studio 2010, and Answers to Chapter-end Practice Questions.
• Provides information for designing and developing the web applications using Visual Studio.
• Includes two new chapters—one on Master Pages, Themes and State Manage-ment and the other on AJAX in ASP.NET and Web Deployment of Application.
• Includes the new features of ASP.NET 4.0.
• Gives additional questions in each chapter.
• Includes a CD-ROM, which contains programs (tested with ASP.NET 4.0 and compatible with Oracle 10g) corresponding to all the examples, assignments, case studies and the project included in the book. The installation processes of programs are described in the relevant chapters of the book.