Medical electronics is using vast and varied applications in numerous spheres of human endeavour—ranging from communication, biomedical engineering to re-creational activities. This book in its second edition continues to give a detailed insight into the basics of human physiology. It also educates the readers about the role of electronics in medicine and the various state-of-the-art equipments being used in hospitals around the world.
The text presents the reader with a deep understanding of the human body, the functions of its various organs, and then moves on to the biomedical instruments used to decipher with greater precision the signals in relation
• Magnetoencyphalography (MEG) and features of Mediscope software used for medical imaging
• Topics on optical fiber transducers, and fiber optic microphones used in MRI scanning
• Discusses in detail the medical instruments like colorimeter, spectro-photometer and flame photometry and auto analyzers for the study of toxic levels in the body
• Includes a detailed description of pacemakers and defibrillators, and tests like Phonocardiography, Vector Cardiography, Nuclear stress test, MRI stress test
• Addition of the procedure of dialysis, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.