This well-received book, now in its second edition, is intended for the undergraduate engineering students of all branches.
The book is designed in such a manner that even an average student can comprehend the subject with ease. The text begins with the Fourier series expansions and harmonic analysis. The formation and solution of partial differential equations and their applications in elastic string, one- and two-dimensional heat flow are explained in detail. Also, the book deals with Fourier transforms, including sine and cosine transforms and their properties. The text concludes with Z transform and its application in solving difference equations.
This new edition includes a large number of carefully selected two-mark questions with their solutions as well as a Question Bank containing important questions from all the chapters.
1. Concise and clear presentation of basic concepts
2. Step-by-step derivation of results
3. Variety of problems arranged in a graded manner
4. Practice exercises at the end of each section
5. Answers to unsolved problems