Intended as a text for postgraduate and undergraduate honours students of Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research as well as students in various branches of Engineering, this student-friendly book gives an indepth analysis of Matrix Algebra and all the major topics related to it. Divided into 12 chapters, the book begins with a discussion on Elements of Matrix Theory and Some Special Matrices. Then it goes on to give a detailed discussion on Scalar Function and Inverse of a Matrix, Rank of a Matrix, Generalized Inverse of a Matrix, and Quadric Forms and Inequalities. The book concludes by giving Some Applications of Algebra of Matrices, Matrices in the Infinite Dimensional Vector Space, and Computational Tracts in Matrices.
• Gives a large number of both solved and unsolved problems of Elementary Matrix.
• Provides an exhaustive treatment of Generalized Inverse Matrix with many applications in Statistics.
• Devotes one chapter exclusively to application of Matrices.
• Provides one full chapter on Matrices in the Infinite Dimensional Vector Space, which will be quite useful for postgraduate students.
• Gives an Appendix on R Software which will be extremely useful for students of Statistics.
• Provides Question Bank which will greatly benefit both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• This book, which beautifully blends both theory and applications of Matrix Algebra, should prove to be an invaluable text for the students.